[Coco] Re: Color Computer 3 prototype

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 02:11:17 EST 2005

Hello Mark

Actually, I'd be VERY disappointed if you guys went off line with this. What
could be more CoCo related than a discussion concerning the prototypes. I
mean come on. If the technical part goes over my head, I might actaully
learn something 8-). If it gets too deep I'll just skip over it and go on,
but please leave it here. TIA

On 01/21/2005, Mark Marlette wrote:
> At 02:10 AM 1/21/2005, you wrote:
>
> Al,
>
> Pray it is a CoCo3 discrete!
>
> Check with Mark H. and see if he recalls any documentation. Boisy do
> you  recall?? Boisy mentioned to me that this board has VERY touchy
> operation.  Sounds like Curtis's TC-9 from FHL that I upgraded for him.
> Major  electrical improvements placed in that machine for smooth
> operation.
>
> The board has numerous MMC IC which indicate to me as PALs. If the
> security  fuses are not blown the PALS should be able to me
> disassembled(JEDEC) to  source. Hard to tell with all the stickers on
> the board. I also noted to  Allen of theWD17xx chip.
>
> Not so sure about another list. I replied to you several times
> privately of  views of the board. I would rather see this type of
> traffic here rather  than Ebay threads.....anyone object? Seems CoCo
> related?
>
> Mark
>

>>On Jan 21, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Nickolas Marentes wrote:
>>
>>>The board looks bid but I would have thought that to construct the
>>>GIME chip out of discrete components would take up another board
>>>similar in size. Maybe they used a lot of programmable PAL's?
>>
>>...for those of you just joining us...  I really need to set up a list
>>just for a few of us to disect this thing -- alot of great info has
>>come to me via you, Mark M, and a few others -- and it would be nice to
>>get everyone talking about it.
>>
>>So far, it seems to use a bunch of PALs and contain a 1773.  WHO
>>KNOWS!  I'll take it home with me next week, most likely, or maybe
>>tomorrow. What can I do?
>>
>>                 -- Allen
>>

>>--

Regards
--
Criusing on AutoPilot                       |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo