[Coco] Re: Color Computer 3 prototype

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 21 12:57:56 EST 2005

Mark

It maybe true that the board is touchy. Notice the label by where the
power leads solder in. It states no more than 4.75 VDC. TTL is
tolerant to 5.75 VDC. That may suggest that trransients are a
problem and that can cause flaky operation. Poor grounding or
power and ground routing and insufficient bypass for all frequencies
is a possible cause.

The mixture of NMOS and TTL can be a problem. TTL is better
tolerant to transients than NMOS and CMOS.

james