[Coco] coco3 floppy drives

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 10:19:58 EST 2005

Ash,

The CM-8 is somewhat hard to come by these days (mine just died!), and
has low picture quality to begin with. NEC made the Multisync 3D which
should work nicely, but requires a custom cable. Also, if you can find
an old CGA monitor, it will also work. With a CGA monitor, there are
two ways you can go about using it with a CoCo3. Either just make a
custom cable, in which case you only get 8 colors, or you can hack
around and bypass the digital circuitry. Finally, Comodore made some
nice monitors that will also work with the CoCo3, again with custom
cables.

Rod

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:47:57 -0700, Ash <teamick at cox.net> wrote:
> I  have acquired a coco3,128k and would like to put together a system.
> What color monitors will I be able to use? I have read that the CM-8 is
> the Tandy monitor that I will need to plug directly to the  Coco. Are
> there any other models I can use and what will it take in the way of
> adapters to connect to the Coco?

                                   _
ASCII ribbon campaign (  )
  - against HTML email  X