[Coco] Portal-9 3.00 (Windows 2000 compatible)

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Jan 19 14:39:51 EST 2005

At 06:38 AM 1/19/2005, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>A word of advice to Windows developers... develop for Windows 2000 and it
>>will work on the other versions of Windows.  2000 is the pickiest OS
>>ever.  If you comply by the rules and make it past 2000's stubborn ways,
>>you're good.  Otherwise, Good Luck!  :)

>Funny, I've always thought the reverse.  I do all of my MESS development
>on Windows 2000 and have everything work fine, and then have Robert
>Gault catch numerous bugs that only happen on Windows 95/98...

We need more people like Robert who can try to crash a program and give it
a good shaking.  Ofcourse, Robert has found bugs in Portal-9 on his 98
computer that nobody else has experienced or reported.  Strange, indeed,
but it doesn't surprise me.  Windows 98 has more variations, patches, and
"fixes" than all of the other versions combined.

Recently, I reinstalled Windows 98SE on my old laptop to get rid of the
years of crap that has manifested inside of a once-decent computer.  Now it
runs much faster again and no more crashes, etc.  Now I need to put her
online and let it run through the entire update process to bring it up to
date, then I'm not putting her online again unless it's a Microsoft update.

--
Roger Taylor