[Coco][Color Computer] Anyone following the latest Microsoftand Linux debacles?

James the Animal Tamer emucompboy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 20:07:20 EST 2005

> I disagree, Windows is going like the dodo I can't wait.

No it isn't.  There are plenty of users.

> Microsoft is total crap

I doubt that.  It's useful.  Just because you found something that is
better, superior, and more useful to you, doesn't mean that Microsoft
is TOTAL crap.

> it would never be on top.  You can thank IBM for that, but now look

Funny.  IBM didn't want the MS name on its OS, so its version was
named PC-DOS.  Later, IBM came out with OS/2 and OS/2 2.0.  In short,
I don't blame IBM for nor credit IBM with Microsoft's success with
Windows.

> Even Sun and it's Solaris is going Linux compatible.

Looking into the households of John Q. American Public, I'm not
seeing a lot of Sun and Solaris.

> Linux
> is the OS of the future

Isn't Linux based on Unix, the OS of superminicomputers of the 1970s?
I suppose it could be an OS of the future too.

> Windows is getting old

Isn't Linux based on Unix, the OS of superminicomputers of the 1970s?
Isn't Linux getting older too?
Older doesn't necessarily mean "bad" does it?

> how many times can you re-package a old dog.

How many shiny new boxes do you have?

> so I repartitioned and
> dual booted the computer with Linux.
>  Windows XP crashes or screws up
> almost once a week.
> have had to fix Windows three times including a full re-install

Doesn't that mean that Windows is SO DARNED USEFUL that, even sucky
as it is, it was worth you taking the trouble to fix it and re-
install it?

==
We all bash Microsoft and Windows.  Windows is still good enough to
use.  I use it.  I don't worship it, or at the altar of Bill Gates.
But I don't try to unfairly bash it.

To date, I've received only one request to port my emulators to Linux.

==

But now I've gone totally off topic.

Note that I'm typing this using a computer that is not a descendant
of the Radio Shack Color Computer.  I joined this club because I LIKE
obsolete inefficient computers that are totally things of the past!
I enjoy playing with computers that do not have to be useful, to be
fun!

Yahoo! Groups Links