[Coco][Color Computer] Anyone following the latest MicrosoftandLinux debacles?

James the Animal Tamer emucompboy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 19:51:21 EST 2005

> No, can't agree. I prefer Unix but until all the hardware comes
with drivers
> we'll be stuck with the most unreliable OS in the history of
computing, and
> that includes mainframes.

Interesting.
You might remember the Exatron Stringy Floppy drive.
This worked with "endless loop" magnetic tape in a small cartridge.
The magnetic tape wasn't actually manufactured as a loop -- the ends
were glued together.
It came out for several old computers.

I bought the Commodore 64 version.  The Operating System came on a
stringy floppy.  The first time I tried it out, the glue came
unglued, and the tape spilled out of its cartridge.  I'd say that
constitutes the most unreliable operating system with which I've had
experience.

Yahoo! Groups Links