[Coco] was: [...] Japanese?!?, Reply of Hirotsugu

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Jan 8 18:31:56 EST 2005

Robert

It was from a 1992 post.

It was my deduction and that is all.

He showed an example of the DIVQ instruction and from his data I
deduced that the quotent went into W and the remainder  was in D.
If the quotent is greater than a 16 bit number that will yield an
overflow, ie. 2^24 divided by 2^5 will yield 2^19. That is bigger than
2^14. That should lead to an overflow.

If I have made a mistake in my deduction then so be it.

james