[Coco] was: [...] Japanese?!?, Reply of Hirotsugu

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Jan 8 12:47:03 EST 2005

Torsten

I tend to agree with HIro that no one should  hire a professional
interpreter to rtranslate these. There are other methods and I am
not sure as to how much more we can learn.

>From Kevin Darling's post, I now see where overflow problems can
come from in the DIVQ instruction. It appears that the quotent is in
the W register and the remainder in the D register. If the Quotent is
greater than 16 bits then whamo, overflow! This will happen with a
very large dividend and a small divider.

james

To:             	coco at maltedmedia.com
From:           	Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info>
Date sent:      	Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:01:29 +0100