[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] WordPak RS/CO80

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Fri Jan 7 00:28:28 EST 2005

In article <51C21B4D-6047-11D9-AA58-0003939F08E6 at boisypitre.com>,
boisy at boisypitre.com wrote...

>James,
>
>Your research has paid off.  I wasn't aware that Synertek made a
>replacement 6545.
>
>The data at that website works for this chip, albeit slightly
>differently.  I am now able to use R18, R19 and R31 to put characters
>on the screen.
>
>There is still something awkward.  Characters from below $40 emit latin
>characters, not numbers or symbols.  And there doesn't seem to be
>lowercase... just uppercase, even for lowercase ASCII characters.  I
>don't know if there are multiple character sets in the CHARGEN ROM or
>not.  So there still appears to be some hocus pocus about this thing.

Boisy, maybe you also need to use the "type=3" setting for /term to
tell CCIO to enable lowercase support. (as controlled by bit.0)

The docs imply that type=2 would be for an 80-col uppercase display.

-Rodney