[Coco] IDE internal 100mb ZIP drives

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sat Feb 26 19:12:09 EST 2005

Yes, ZIP disks have a partition table in the first sector since they are
seen as a removable hard drive to DOS/Windows. If I remember correctly,
100MB ZIP disks are preformatted with FAT32, although I've reformatted
several with NTFS and HPFS (from OS/2). I haven't used a ZIP disk in a few
years, though. I replaced my 100MB ZIP disk collection with a Castlewood Orb
2.2GB drive about three years ago. I just checked Iomega's website and see
they are now peddling the Iomega REV 35GB drive.