[Coco] IDE internal 100mb ZIP drives

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Sat Feb 26 09:20:06 EST 2005

Rumor has it that Willard Goosey may have mentioned these words:

>I believe that ZIP disks have a partition table, like a hard drive,
>rather than a simple boot/noboot sector 1 like a DOS disk floppy.
>Also, I don't know which DOS filesystem (FAT12 or FAT16) would be used
>on a 100MB ZIP disk, as compared to a 720K floppy.

FAT12 had a 32Meg limit -- I'm quite sure it's FAT16 (as standard) but of
course, can be formatted for anything... I _think_ you could make 3 FAT12
partitions, but that would be a bit counterproductive. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!