[Coco] SAVEMing CoCo 3 Hi-res screens

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Feb 21 22:05:43 EST 2005

Diego

First off I think SAVEM will not save high resolution graphics screens. Instead you
will have to write a routine to store and retrieve them yourself.

The Default HI Res Graphics Screen starts at $60000 and goes to $$67FFF or
corresponds to blocks MMU $30 to $33 in the memory map. That is the bottom of
ram in a 128K system.

Depending on High res mode that is being employed all or part of that 32K is used.
To save what is in that region will require the knowledge of what mode that the
screen was written as. The save routine would also have to encode that resoultion
mode into the file for the restoring routine.

james