[Coco] help with drawing

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 20:09:17 EST 2005

> I am looking for a way to draw in the background without seeing it then
> using the hget hput to put it on the screen
> I am using a coco3 on the hscreen2 does any body know of a way to do this

The easy way is to clear the screen (I usually use black) and set all the
palettes to zero (black), then do your drawing, then restore the palette to
correct values. If you store the palette values in a 16x2 array, you can easily
swap between RGB and Comp palettes.

You can also put text onscreen (via HPRINT) while you draw, just use a palette
that's not used by whatever you're drawing.

Bob