[Coco] Re: Path command wasRe: OS-9 LVL II

John Donaldson jadonaldson at charter.net
Sat Feb 19 15:27:23 EST 2005

KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 2/19/05 12:15:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>chazbeenhad at hotmail.com writes:
>

>>Bob,  If you put the PATH command in startup, won't it only set path for the
>>

>>TERM window?
>>Is there a way to set path for all open shell  windows without having to go
>>to each screen and
>>using a script  or typing path=whatever ?
>>

>Not sure about OS9 6809 or ShellPlus, but in 68K if you execute the PATH
>command (or any other environment settings) in Startup, and then spin off shells
>and windows in Startup, those settings will apply by inheritance to all those
> shells, even after the temporary shell that ran the Startup file goes  away.
>
>At least I think that's how it's supposed to work, at least in UNIX or  Linux.
>--Mike K.

I added the PATH command to my startup file.
Path= /DD/CMDS /DD/PASCAL_CMDS

I have an executable code file in Pascal_cmds but when I try to exeute
it I get ERROR 216 - Path Not Found.
Only if I move it to /DD/CMDS or do a CHX /DD/PASCAL_CMDS can I execute it.
This tells me that the path command is NOT working. I know the Startup
script is working because, the
 RamDrive is Initiliazed and formatted from it.
  I also tried typing the PATH command from the command prompt, with the
same result. I thought that
the PATH command would work like the PATH command under MSDOS. If you
tried to execute a
file and it was not found in the first directory {/DD/CMDS} then it
would look in the next directory {/DD/PASCAL_CMDS} and so on. I have set
permmison of the executable file to -E--EWR.
  Does anyone have this working for them. I have the RTSI disk I got
from a past COCOFest, so I am
going to look in the docs and see if there is something else that needs
to be done.
  Just looked at the docs and the syntax is correct and typing PATH=?
does list the two paths, so does
anyone got any suggestions why it does not seem to work??

John Donaldson