[Coco] Re: Path command wasRe: OS-9 LVL II

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 19 08:29:08 EST 2005

I had just reported what was contained in the shellplus doc. After some
testing, I have found when the path= command is entered from the
keyboard, the paths are inherited by any new shell. If the command is
placed in a script file or Startup, the paths won't stick unless the
last line of the script is   i=/1   .

This last method of using a script with i=/1 has an unfortunate
consequence. It interferes with the prompting in shellplus and the shell
using the script no longer issues a command line prompt. However any new
shell will behave in the normal fashion and retain the path information.

As an aside, the shellplus package is easily obtained from RTSI and it
contains a doc file. If this file is read and shellplus tested, most
questions will be answered before they are asked. :)