[Coco] QPascal - WAS:Expert C programmer wanted

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 14:45:02 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/14/05 9:21:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wdg3rd at comcast.net writes:

>>  What?  There's More?  Oh yes -- grep, to find out which source   file
>> a function is defined in :-)
>
>Huh?  You do  that from inside emacs
Well, sure, I use Meta-! to run the grep from inside emacs, and collect the
results in the temporary results buffer.

Of course I also run make from inside, to get the error messages the same
way.

Now, if you mean a way to get emacs to look outside of its editing buffers
at your files, other than the Meta-! shell escape, that's beyond me.

Under SunOS emacs, you could even email a buffer -- via good old unix
mailers.
--Mike K.