[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 23:52:43 EST 2005

elderpav at juno.com writes:

Has  anyone ever succeeded in doing system calls in an OS-9 Pascal
program? I  haven't ever been able to figure out a way. Without syscalls,
I can't add  mouse support to any OS-9 Pascal programs. That was the main
reason why I  gave up programming in Pascal on the Coco a while back. But
if anyone has  an idea as to how to do it, I might try again.

Sounds as if the Coco OS-9 Pascal sold thru Radio Shack had a library that
didn't include this *vital* call.  In other words, it wasn't properly  "ported"
to OS-9; leaving out the _os9() function means you're locked in the
high-level straight-jacket.

Reminds me -- I didn't think much of the Pascal I/O statements/functions
either.  They may be the reason why someone stated that you couldn't write  a
Pascal program to prompt for a file name, then list its contents.  --Mike  K.