[Coco] Re: special ramdisk needed...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 13 15:54:09 EST 2005

If the question was intended for Disk Basic, there is no good way to
subvert the system. While Disk Basic does have a "generic disk path"
(DRIVE#), this only works for programs or commands that don't specify or
require a drive number. It is possible to reroute the standard drives
0-3 to a ram disk, but it means patching DOS so that any attempt at I/O
to ex. drive 3 will go to the ram disk.

I actually have a ram disk that co opts drive numbers 2 and 3. It could
be modified to co opt drives 0 and 1 or just 0. Still, this is not a
trivial exercise and requires assembly level system patches. The ram
disk patches must be loaded each time Disk Basic is started.