[Coco] C versus Pascal, etc.

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 16:08:15 EST 2005

robert.gault at worldnet.att.net writes:

None of  your recent messages show what you are quoting as a quote.
Instead the  quoted section looks like part of your own message.

Have you changed  any settings in your e-mail program?

I didn't change them, but I made the mistake of upgrading to AOL 9.0 (which
actually has some major improvements over 4.0 or even 7.0), but it does not
have  the ability to do true Internet style quotes (with the right angle
brackets).

I have a choice of either indenting the quoted material (and it seems the
indenting gets lost, even on the copy that comes back to me!), or putting the
blue line down the left margin of the quoted text, which probably doesn't show
on any email readers that aren't expecting the HTML or whatever commands to
draw  the blue line.

I think AOL is trying to discourage email contact with non-AOLers.   Just
like the govts of North Korea and Iran, except they are run by intelligent
people (not nice, just smart -- AOL is neither).

AOL also just discontinued Netnews groups.  I'm really thinking about
switching providers, and finding somewhere else to host my Web page.  Would  also
save me from answering "Why is a computing pro like you using that  teeny-bopper
service?"
--Mike K.