[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Fri Feb 11 00:08:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:48:07 -0500 Robert Gault
<robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> writes:
> I have the OS-9 Pascal package but never used it. I just looked
> through
> the manual to try to answer your question and learned two things.
> First,
> the binding procedure for the manual is awful as all the pages are
> falling out. Second, I have some suggestions.
>
> OS-9 Pascal contains a Shell command which is one way of accessing
> OS-9
> directly. As with Basic-09 and OS-9 C, OS-9 Pascal can make use of
> assembly code. Therefore one could write any needed routines for
> interacting directly with the OS-9 system.

<snip>

>> BTW the OS-9 Pacal compiler has seperate compilation and can link in
>> properly done assembly subroutines.  So you can get to the OS-9 system
>> calls.

The binding has fallen apart on mine too. I suspect they're all like that
:-(

The Shell command would allow me to pass parameters to the called module,
but not back to the parent program. Values can only be passed in one
direction using that method. I need to pass in both directions.

You're both right, doing syscalls could be done through modules written
in assembly. Unfortunately, I'm not yet proficient enough in assembly to
be able to do it. :-(

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT