[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Feb 10 05:01:48 EST 2005

>Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:08:25 -0800 (PST)
>From: Brett K Heath <hcmth019 at csun.edu>

>It's somewhat ironic that, AFAIK, there isn't a free version of Forth
>available for the COCO.

DACFORTH is free, it's on Maltedmedia somewhere in the old Princeton
file archives.  I believe it even has source.

I'm not sure about Frank Hogg's FORTH... I know he released the rights
for all his FLEX stuff, but I don't know about his DECB (well, DECB
loaded) FORTH.

I could *swear* there was a free FORTH for OS-9 around, but I can't
find it right now.  I know there was a comercial FORTH compiler for
OS-9.

Slightly less legal, I found an emulator ROM image of something called
Miroworks FORTH.  I don't know if it has or could be patched to run
from RAM.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA