[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Feb 10 02:13:24 EST 2005

Glad to hear that you've got something in the works! It'll be cool to
have a language for the Coco as fun as the machine itself. And the 6809
really makes Forth shine, and vice versa.

There are one or two Fig Forths for coco around. There's at least one I
remember for OS-9 that was advertised in Rainbow. And there are Flex
versions. But I don't recall whether any of the source is available.

But your inner interpreter looks real nice. Why the design goal for
being able to move itself in RAM?

My main interest is vintage laptops ( http://bitchin100.com ) I'm
planning to create a Forth running from ROM for ReMem project, a
flash/ram/mmu upgrade board for the Model T (TRS-80 Model 100, Tandy
102, Tandy 200) laptops. The reason I focus on laptops is that they are
easy to collect and they are easy to put away. So I'm hoping to cobble
together my ideal Forth environment on a vintage laptop.

The 8085 is a relatively crappy Forth machine though. I'm hoping I can
accelerate some Forth stuff with the CPLD that sits between the
expansion RAM and the system bus.

Also on the laptop front is Z88 Camelforth for the Cambridge Z88.

And of course any XT laptop like the Tandy 1100FD, etc should be able to
run F83.

-- John.