[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Tue Feb 8 02:19:17 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger at pobox.com>

> All that said, nobody is going to hand over $50K to any programmer
> before work is complete. Every contract I have ever done was paid in
> installments at milestones, or it was straightforward pay-as-you-go.
> Safer for everybody that way.

I spent 3 years working on very large Oracle databases with a very complex
schema and custom C++ front end. They worked very, very badly - and slow as
can be. Last I heard they dumped the whole project after more than a few
million dollars had been invested (they did deliver some somewhat working
products) and were rewriting it all in SQL Server. The new design was crap
too.

Fail to plan == plan to fail.

Regards,

Neil