[Coco] 100 NB ZIP Drives

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 15:05:14 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/24/05 10:47:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net writes:

>BTW  - Doug Watts is no relation to me, but I have had good luck dealing
>with the company in the past.  Also check out the SCSI and IDE  hard
>drives.  You might find what you are looking for at a good  price. 100mb
>ZIP cartridges have been selling there for just over  $3.00 each, too.

Wow!  I guess ZIP disks are considered obsolete in these CD_RW days,  and are
being blown at fire sale prices.  Last time I bought some, they  were $12 or
$25 apiece -- but it's been a while since I've bought any at  Staples.

I know that ZIP upgraded to 250 MB drives and disks, same physical size, so
that may be part of it.

I also noticed that after I "upgraded" my Norton Utilities, the Rescue
function no longer supports making a ZIP disk backup.  So Norton must have  written
off ZIP too.

Too bad, those are my major backup medium on my PC.  Much easier to  use than
CD-RW, which I can do but use only to make music disks.
Anyone know the current status of ZIP disks?  --Mike  K.