[Coco] CoCo Store

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Feb 12 21:22:13 EST 2005

Greetings all,

Months back, I started a section on coco3.com for visitors to be able to
sell CoCo-related items on their own by adding items to the grid.  It works
like an automatic classifieds section that you can add or remove from on
your own.  When you add an item, it asks for an item name, description,
price, your e-mail, and an optional photo.  Your item is listed as soon as
you reply to the confirmation e-mail.  In this e-mail is also a
cancellation link for removing your sold item.  That's as simple as I can
keep it.

I am working now to add inventory control and a means for you to
automatically collect payment through PayPal (if you like).  When your
inventory reaches a set level, say 0 or 3 items left, you'll get an e-mail
from the script telling you to add to your inventory, etc.  The fun part is
that only about 5 pieces of information wil be needed from you to do all
this.  When you submit the form, your item is listed.

All you need is a product name, price, description, total available,
optional photo, and your PayPal e-mail address used to receive
payments.  The system will create the Buy Now buttons
automatically.  You'll get an e-mail from PayPal telling you who bought
your item and where to ship it to.  The inventory will decrease by the
number of items they bought.  It's very simple.

What can you sell?  Anything having to do with the CoCo.  You can sell new
or used items.  Anybody is welcome to sell through the grid.  With the
number of hits I am seeing, exposure is guaranteed.  So get rid of your
unused CoCo items and offer them to a new home.  You can even post the
price as $0.00 if you are donating something.

--
Roger Taylor