[Coco] FD-502 floppy

Ash teamick at cox.net
Thu Feb 10 11:20:26 EST 2005

If anyone is interested . electronics-plus.com has brand new Tandy
FD-502's for $79.95
plus $17.95 shipping and handling . It looks like that includes
controller, dual case ,
1 - 5 1/4 floppy  and manual according to the box pictured. It doesn't
say anything about cable.  What normaly came with the FD-502 from Tandy
? I ordered one , so I guess I will find out . From what I have read
this was the first drive that supported double sides .
Does this mean the drive was a 720K or a 360K and is it supported in
RSDos ? I have also read about the upgrade kit to the 2nd. drive and it
having a fan also because of the heat . Does anyone still sell the
upgrade to 2nd. drive kit or know what the part number was , so I can
check around ?