[Coco] OS-9 C compiler parts

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 00:58:13 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/31/05 3:55:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
goosey at virgo.sdc.org writes:

This recent talk about the OS-9 C compiler and it's pieces made  me
remember a question I had for the list...

What are all the newest  parts of a complete OS-9 dev. system?  I'll
list what I can think of  off the top of my head:

asm (part of NitrOS-9)
rma6309  (commercial)
rlink
cc2 (there are several of these to choose  from)
c.pass1
c.pass2
c.comp
c.opt
c.opt2 (anyone have any good  optimizer patterns for this?)
<snip>

You should also have my CNoY, which slips in between c.comp (or c.pass2)  and
c.opt, and gets rid of Y-relative addressing modes.  Makes for more
efficient code to be run on a Coco3, OS9L2 ONLY (not Level One, where everything
really does have to be PC relative).

It's been speculated that C.Opt2 could be patterned to do this, as well as
de-SEX every operation involving a char/byte variable.

CNoY is available on RTSI.  I have the source handy, in case I never  put
that up.
--Mike K.