[Coco] Lab South is Fine

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 17:36:08 EDT 2005

On 08/31/2005 05:21 pm, Tony Schountz wrote:
> Took a shot. Typhoid fever is endemic in central Europe and many
> people of that region have a mutation in the CFTR gene that renders
> them substantially resistant to TF if they have one copy of the
> mutant gene and one copy of the normal gene. Unfortunately, kids who
> get two mutant copies have cystic fibrosis. This is the same
> situation with the sickle cell allele and malaria.

Not impossible among my ancestors.  The Celts did migrate through central
Europe once upon a time.  And I'm not that trusting about paternity reports
in some generations -- my mother lied to me about the Easter Bunny, after
all.  My three sisters gave me nephews and nieces with ancestors all across
the planet and then eventually two brothers in law and more nieces and
nephews.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs