[Coco] Lab South is Fine

Tony Schountz tony.schountz at unco.edu
Wed Aug 31 17:21:58 EDT 2005

Took a shot. Typhoid fever is endemic in central Europe and many
people of that region have a mutation in the CFTR gene that renders
them substantially resistant to TF if they have one copy of the
mutant gene and one copy of the normal gene. Unfortunately, kids who
get two mutant copies have cystic fibrosis. This is the same
situation with the sickle cell allele and malaria.

T.