[Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Aug 30 16:44:53 EDT 2005

I'll add to this discussion by echoing what Mark and Roy have
stated.  Many of the products that Cloud-9 offers were initially
produced to solve problems that I or Mark encountered in trying to do
certain things with the CoCo.  In solving those problems, we created
solutions that we realized could be marketed in such a way as to pass
that knowledge and experience onto others.

Our products are interesting in that they not only solve certain
problems, but often (and not by design) create new solutions,
especially when combined with other products.  Take the SuperIDE as a
prime example.  We originally designed it to be just another IDE
interface, but realized that the addition of CompactFlash would yield
a speed and power benefit.  The other obvious, though non-intended
benefit was the creation of a 'diskless' CoCo (assuming that your
notion of a disk is a box with a spindle and platters.  The truth is
that there is the abstract notion of a "disk" that the CompactFlash
fits into.  Yet from a practical point of view, it's simply a solid-
state memory device.)

This doesn't preclude anyone from doing their own experimentation and
work.  Believe me, it is fun, and you learn a heck of a lot by doing
it.  But if you've got more money than time, or equal amounts of it,
you might consider purchasing one of our products.  If not, then have
fun and learn it on your own.

Boisy