[Coco] Coco3 CMP color swatches

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Tue Aug 30 03:41:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for all CoCo er's tips and discussion.

I am now working on the project and found the following in Jeffs and Johns
Emulator.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;64 byte palette lookup table
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

PALETTE_XLAT DB 00H,08H,10H,18H,20H,28H,30H,38H
        DB 01H,09H,11H,19H,21H,29H,31H,39H
        DB 02H,0AH,12H,1AH,22H,2AH,32H,3AH
        DB 03H,0BH,13H,1BH,23H,2BH,33H,3BH
        DB 04H,0CH,14H,1CH,24H,2CH,34H,3CH
        DB 05H,0DH,15H,1DH,25H,2DH,35H,3DH
        DB 06H,0EH,16H,1EH,26H,2EH,36H,3EH
        DB 07H,0FH,17H,1FH,27H,2FH,37H,3FH

As to the accuracy of the mapping, I plan to ignore this and plow on.

Until I have printed the first try I am not going to worry much about what
has been said.

I am going to assign names. Here are some I have defined already.

RGB_WHITE, RGB_BLACK, RGB_RED, RGB_GREEN, RGB_BLUE,
RGB_CYAN, RGB_YELLOW and RGB_MAGENTA

I will not be defining CMP_WHITE ... CMP_MAGENTA. I will accept them if
someone provides them.

I need the RGB ones in the DECB Preprocessor as the first program to be
preprocessed needs them.

The discussions of all the problems with color I expect in the end to just
ignore.

If the chart is useful for many CoCo ers, then I will consider the project a
success.

Remember, I am trying to improve on a page with no useful information at
all.

As to the names, I expect that the ones that I choose will be accepted as
being more useful than the numbers 0-63.

The default names in the DECB Preprocessor can be overwritten or the
defaults changed. I expect that the ones I define will be kept and new ones
added as needed.

One of the things that I saw a need for many years ago was some one
appointing themselves the OS-9 Dictator being that the old Dictator(s) was
no longer performing their duties. (Tandy / Radio Shack.)  This was done in
a way that I did not expect, but is a huge step forward that eliminated the
question "What patches need to be applied to generate the latest OS-9
Version. What a wonderful job was done. I have not seen any comments saying
"You can't do that".
It is widely accepted.

If anyone does not like what I define, do a better job.

Persons who do not like the names or the colors printed can do a better job.

No Problem for me.

Stephen H. Fischer