[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sun Aug 28 23:18:08 EDT 2005

> Also, I don't see the need in patching anything except a copy of h0.dd,
> making it the /dd.

cc3go and init, at least on my system, default the drive paths to /d0
and /d0/cmds, requiring a patch to make them default to /dd and /dd/cmds.

>  > What doesn't work:
>  >
>  > Start with above configuration. Edit with ezgen, rename /dd descriptor
>  > (floppy) to /fd. Rename /h0 descriptor to /dd. End result is that /dd is
>  > now the hard drive.
>
> Now you don't have a /h0 DD in your boot.

Right, but I don't need it, the idea is to get rid of /h0 so everything
works from a more normal /dd.

I'll try reorg-ing in the morning, sounds like an excellent idea! Can't
hurt at least.

Vern