[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sat Aug 27 10:42:39 EDT 2005

It's stock Disk Basic.

Once again, with the exception of the CoCo XT and XT ROM, I'm unaware of
any other arrangement for directly booting to OS9 on a hard drive. I'm
discounting your suggestion of HDBDOS, since, in that case, you're
booting from an image of a floppy on an HDBDOS partition, which is more
convenient but no different than booting from a real floppy.

There are cmds directories on both the floppy and the hard drive with
identical copies of shell and grfdrv, all modules verfied good and
attributes the same. cc3go is in the os9boot file, as per stock.

It's strange, the boot starts, progress's, access's the hard drive, and
then fails. I think I'm 99% correct on this, I can't figure out what
else it might be looking for on the hard drive and not finding.

Vern