[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo cleanout.

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Thu Aug 25 10:40:24 EDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:15:01 -0500, you wrote:

>I would like to have one if I may. If the monitor is PAL as well then
>all I would have to do is get a 50hz power source/convertor to get it
>to work in the states?

All monitors for the CoCo3 are RGBA (the socket under the case) and as such
PAL/NTSC or 50/60Hz doesn't come into the equation...  The outputs that are
affected by PAL/NTSC are the RCA video output & the RF output, which I think few
people would use.

The only problem you would have is the 240v, 50/60hz will not affect the
operation of the CoCo.

>Getting our designs to work in the PAL/NTSC versions would be nice if
>possible. Hard to design to the unknown. Pictures in the service manual
>take you only so far. :)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>

>Quoting Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz at netspace.net.au>:
>
>> G'day Mark,
>>
>> They're all PAL, that's all you can get in Australia.
>>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:02:50 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>> >Are any of your CoCo3's a PAL version? I have always wanted on of
>> those
>> >for development purposes.
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Mark