[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 23, Issue 47

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 21:04:33 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/20/05 7:24:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, farna at att.net
writes:

>It  must have been 90 Mike, as that was the first Atlanta fest I attended
(I'm  pretty >sure I wasn't a vendor), having just come back from Okinawa at the
 time. I'm pretty >sure you were there, though there is the chance I'm
confusing talking to you at a >Chi-Town fest...

If the New Jersey Fest that Ed and I attended (to kick off UltiMusE-III)
after driving across PA in a blizzard, was in winter of 89-90, then the Atlanta
Fest we hit would indeed have been '90.  It was the only Atlanta Fest I  ever
attended.

The best part of it was being picked up at the Atlanta airport by none  other
than Al Dages, in his pickup truck with 2/60 A/C.  And to help  with the
cooling, he handed me a cold Bud while tearing along the Atlanta  Beltway.  And we
talked MIDI music the whole trip.  Great time.

Frank, I remember seeing you at several Fests.  Always enjoyed  chatting with
you.

I hope I'm not confusing this with our launch of UltiMusE-K for the  MM/1.  I
remember that taking place in a big hotel with a fancy ballroom,  which
wouldn't be a Chicago Fest except for the first one that was held in the  same
Hyatt as the Rainbowfests had been.  ISTR Glenside (GCCC) used that  venue just
once, then moved out to the Elgin motel to save money.
--Mike Knudsen