[Coco] Hi ther Dave P.!

Dave P. coconut at wormfood.org
Thu Aug 18 13:55:22 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 01:23 -0700, Dean Leiber wrote:
> >uncle, man the Animajik booth for Alan Sheltra one year (I think it was
> >'93). 'Wormfood' was my node name on StG net, but before that I was
> >'HacKer at home', if anyone here still remembers that.
>
> Well welcome to the list Dave P.! Its nice to see another former StG
> node! I used to run the 'adit' node back in the day. If you can believe
> it, I still have an old StG node tree listing and Family tree from Nov
> 1992. 'Wormfood' used to get its feed thru 'Home' with Zog and SandV as
> the top level domains. According to the list, there were 21 active
> systems with 10 offline readers. Not a bad sized network for its day. If
> memory serves, I think 'Home' was the last top level domain  before the
> network finally just kind of faded out. For a while I even had StG V4? on
> my MM/1;its a shame that was never finished but by then BBS' were on
> their way out and the internet was coming in.

Yeah, that brings back a lot of memories. I recognize your name, but
can't place it. I honestly don't remember an 'adit' node at all. The
'Home' node was Scott, my uncle. And it sounds like him being the last
one. He never knew when to stop. I also remember a tesseract node, that
wouldn't fit the 8 letter limit, so they had to spell it wrong. The only
other nodes I can remember off the top of my head are 'snoopy' and
'tattoou'. When the owner of snoopy's place went offline, I was able to
get his license, and Scott (StG) was kind enough to let me convert
'snoopy' into 'wormfood', so it didn't cost me anything :) The 'tattoou'
node was run by Mike Ortloff (Boobie), and we used to chat all the time,
which is why I remember that. I was always impressed with the StG
network, for what it was doing, and the hardware it was doing it on.

-Dave