[coco] 6309 speed

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Aug 12 00:21:41 EDT 2005

     When Kevin Darling originally started talking about the 6309 on the
newsgroups (you can find the original articles on Google's newsgroups), he
mentioned that several people had them running from 4 to 5 MHz reliably. I
know I had the 68B09 running at 2.25 MHz with a clock crystal upgrade,
although it popped my Magnavox 8515 monitor at the time (downclocked it
back to 2Mhz (real, not the 1.78MHz stock Coco 3's run at) after that).
Ran perfectly reliably then, and one of my Coco 3's in storage is still at
a true 2MHz, and ran that way for years.

--
L. Curtis Boyle