[Coco] Anybody willing to put Delphi Msgs on the Web?

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Wed Aug 10 02:18:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

>I am willing to do the message project, I had great fun years ago using
>under powered tools to put some Delphi messages into a database.

Ok, my mistake. Somehow I just got the impression you were listing what
needed/wanted to be done. Somedays my brain works in mysterious ways....

>The real purpose is to get 8-24 people to actually read some messages and
>then report back and vote to give us a sense of should we bother at all with
>the messages. If there are people that have looked at the messages already,
>then perhaps they could just say a few words about their adventure. My
>efforts will not involve reading messages looking for information. I could
>do the project with other information.

Ok, some feedback here folks...Are people interested in having the
Delphi/compuserve messages we have organized, etc? Anybody interested? Or
are we wasting time on something people really aren't interested in?

>I feel that I was burned very badly by the huge amount of time I spent
>scanning the magazines.

Ok, my fault for not being more on the ball getting the messages on-line
somewhere. I apologize.

>That is not to say that there is nothing of  value in the messages. A simple
>search will fail to produce anything of value after spending a lot of time.
> I know, I have done that oh so many times.

Well, the amount of 'valuable' information is relatively small because,
at the very least, alot of it became obsolete as the CoCo/OS changed. I
consider it more of a nostalgic/historical record of the community.

>I am a great fan of  Lotus Magellan, it was the first program that I loaded
>onto my first laptop after the OS. (DOS 3.3)

Well, since I'm not terribly familiar with all the DBs/options out there,
and you apparently know/use them alot I won't even venture an opinion on
what would be best to use. The only suggestion I could make is to pick
something cross-platform so that the most people can make use of it.

>We have been collecting a lot of old CoCo information. I really would like
>us to find a way that identifies what is being used so those who have done
>the work can feel that they have helped.

Ok folks... Any suggestions on what you'd like to see/use? (other than
RainBow, Hot CoCo!, etc.)