[coco] 6309 speed

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Aug 3 10:34:53 EDT 2005

Roy

The CMOS process that the 6309 was most likely done on is prior to
high speed or HCMOS days. Outside a potentential die shrink
during production, I doubt much other changed.

Most likely done on 9V or 11V CMOS and at 5 VDC, I doubt the
speed can exceed much beyond 5 MHZ or so. Then that will need
proper heat sinking. The main problem in heat is the actual plastic
dip package itself. Plastic is not a great conductor of heat.

james