[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sat Aug 27 09:05:52 EDT 2005

Ok, we're straying way the heck off track here :). Lemme lay this out again:

What I have to work with:

A working hard drive and SCSI controller with no support for booting
directly from the hard drive.

A working OS9 boot floppy with /dd and /d0 as the floppy and /h0 as the
hard drive.

All the standard disk manipulation tools (ezgen/etc, ded)

The goal:

Boot from floppy and finish with the hard drive as /dd, the working
directory set to /dd, and the execution directory set to /dd/cmds.

I will not/can not:

Rewrite BOOT or any other module (I can patch where required, not a
programmer).

Buy an RS-BASIC replacement.

How do I get there from here? :)

Vern