[Coco] New user to the list

Dave P. coconut at wormfood.org
Mon Aug 15 03:25:34 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I was going to split my last message into 2 messages, but I screwd up
and hit the wrong button, and it sent it before I could stop it, so look
at that to read what I wanted to put in this message.

Not too long ago, I saved a Gimix computer from going to the dump. I
figured some of you guys would like to see pictures of that
<http://wormfood.net/old_computers/>. And those are 8 inch drives on it,
in case you couldn't tell. While technically not CoCo, many CoCo users
know about them. Also there, are pictures of my PT68K4 (aka Delmar
System IV), that was modified (by me) to have 6 meg of ram (max on board
was 4 meg, with a 8 meg expansion card that was never made). I'm also in
need of some help to get my PT68K4 running OS-9/68K again, so if you can
help, please contact me (my web page has the details). It appears that
my floppys are bad (and my backups), plus I can't even remember how to
install OSK.

While I don't really run my old CoCo, except to burn EPROMS every now
and then, I still remember a lot about it. I also have most of my
hardware, and all of my documentation I ever had for it (I'm a pack
rat). I will try to share what I know and remember with the list when I
see that I can help out, but expect me to be fairly quiet otherwise. If
by chance, anyone wants to chat with me, then get on irc.wormfood.net or
look at the 'contact me' link on my web pages.

-Dave