[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 23, Issue 34

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Fri Aug 12 18:35:55 EDT 2005

The big problem with running a CoCo at higher than normal speeds is timing for everything else, especially the GIME and disk access. I programmed around that in the genealogy program I wrote by poking up at the start of the program and poking down/up before/after every disk access. There are some advantages to non-multi tasking systems! I don't recall if the disk functiuon was fixed in the CoCo3 or there was a hack for it, but do recall the GIME having problems over 2 MHz.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent