[Coco] OT(ish): Emulated CoCo4... (was: Coco Digest, Vol 23, Issue 27

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Aug 10 11:09:18 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that farna at att.net may have mentioned these words:
>Glad to see someone found a use for that book! Copies should be available
>from Glenside CoCo Club, though I don't know if they had any more
>produced. I just sent them the disk copies, but haven't got around to
>getting them a copy of PageMaker 4 or 5 yet!

IIRC, I have PM5, 6, and 6.5 available -- I could convert that to whatever
format you require, if you wish...

>Found this on the net today, thought someone might find it interesting:
>http://www.mini-box.com/site/index.html
>IDE to Flash card adapters -- computer sees Flash card as a HD, just plug
>into IDE controller cable as if a HD.

Those are easy to find... as already mentioned, Cloud-9 has 'em in stock...

>Same company also has some mini computers based on VIA chipsets.

As does this company: http://www.logicsupply.com/
A *lot* of dinky, dinky machines - some completely fanless so they're just
as quiet as a CoCo!

>  Now if someone could modify MESS and an OS (is there Linux version of
> MESS?) to auto boot and access everything this would make a great
> "CoCo4", especially if NitrOS9 could be modified to run under the MESS/OS
> emulator and still access all available memory.

I don't know how difficult it would be to modify NitrOS9 to access more
than 2 Meg RAM... or if MESS can handle more than 2 Meg in the emulated
6309/6809 core...

Anywho, so much for my offtopic rantings... ;-) Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????