[Coco] Re: Cloud 9/IDE flash card adapters/CC4

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Wed Aug 10 10:55:22 EDT 2005

I'm familiar with Cloud 9 and that Mark makes a flash card adapter. I didn't know it used an IDE interface. I figured the IDE to flash card adapter might come in handy for other projects, like adding a flash card to a mini PC to transfer files, though there are plenty USB flash card readers around. It did cross my mind that Mark may have used a similar method of adding the flash card reader to his IDE interface.

Yeah, the CC4 thing again. It wouldn't be to difficult to have a disk that booted straight into an emulator with a modified ROM or patch to give the "CoCo" greater memory and peripheral access. With today's processor speeds it would be the easiest way to go. NitrOS9 ported directly would be killer, but then no DECB compatibility. Hmm... port MESS to NitroS9 for compatibility would be a solution. Or is Linux so close to Nitro that it isn't worth the bother? I have to admit, ease of interfacing with the CoCo hardware is the main attraction to the CoCo, at least it was for me.

Oh yeah, sorry about not deleting all the irrelevant messages!!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent