[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] end of discussion!start new

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:18:09 EDT 2005

Actually, I aways thought the CoCo did rather well dispite Lack of
marketing. When all the other 8 bit machines had rather agressive marketing,
tons of TV commericals, Celebrty Endorsments (who could forget Bill Cosby
pumping the TI 99/4A), The CoCo contiuned to sell for at least 10 years!
Infact, the only TV comericals I ever remember from the CoCo were just Radio
Shack Comericals, that had the CoCo as part of what ever was on sale. I
could be wrong, but that was just up here in Canada! The CRTC tended to Edit
American Comericals out with Canadian ones.

>Even a good product can benefit from aggressive marketing - something
>the coco really never had.
>

> > So far as the CoCo is concerned, it's largely moot now.  Pretty much
> > the only market for "successors" to the CoCo is the existing userbase
> > and nostalgia freaks like me.
> >

>Thanks for your kind indulgence
>kk

Yahoo! Groups Links