[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Linux a cousin to OS-9

Basil Fitze basilf at telus.net
Mon Apr 25 00:06:16 EDT 2005

Mike,

You sound like a tabaco lobbyist  and I guess cigarette smoking and
second hand smoke is good for you.  Please in 1999 when I wanted to buy
a computer without a OS I was reported on. I had to explain why I needed
a PC without a OS I just told them, the store 'A' its none of your
business and 'B" I was installing Linux and I was asked What is Linux?.
  Maybe you should look up what monopoly means:

In economics, a monopoly (from the Greek monos, one + polein, to sell)
is defined as a persistent market situation where there is only one
provider of a kind of product or service. Monopolies are characterized
by a lack of economic competition for the good or service that they
provide, a lack of viable substitute goods, as well as high barriers to
entry for potential competitors on the market.

Sound familiar.  You make a good point but the US government has
defined  MS as a monopoly not me.  MS has been know to kill competition
or buy it out right or at least try to.  Case in point Intiuit a few
years ago when they were out doing MS Money or do you forget.  There is
nothing wrong with competition MS just dosn't play fair or as its put
legally Anti-trust you define it what ever way you like.   If MS had
thier way Linux would be dead or purchased and burried.

Basil Fitze
basilf at telus.net
My website: http://bcomco.net
Earn a Laptop for just $5.00 click the link to findout how
http://www.ezlaptop.com/register.php?ref=940

Yahoo! Groups Links