[Coco] Re: Is this a 6309?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Apr 24 23:04:32 EDT 2005

Frank

Correct. Hitachi not only made a CMOS version, HD63x09E,  they
also were a second source for the NMOS part. Motorola allowed
Hitachi to label the part HD68x09E. I believe that was to be able to
tell the difference insuppliers of the part.

Yes there was a "C" version made of the 6309. Also I believe that
Motorola would sort for 3 MHz and labeled a "C" version. They did
not make it a part of the catalog though. On rare occassions you
may come across an MC68C09 or MC68C09E.

james