[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Charles Richmond richmond at plano.net
Sun Apr 24 22:43:50 EDT 2005

>On 24-Apr-05, at 1:57 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
>
>>  BTW - I do know this will get me in a bit of trouble, but keep in
>>  mind, its
>>  just an opinion, If Mac hadn't used A flavour of Linux of OS 10, it
>>  would
>>  even be less popular, because the Mac people really had no choice
>>  except to
>>  stay with OS9.
>
>Umm... this is misinformed. Linux and Mac OS X only share one thing:
>POSIX. That's just a set of APIs that un*x operating systems share. If
>anything, Mac OS X is more a BSD distribution than anything else, but
>in all reality it's simply NeXT 5.x or something.

Speaking as a long-time Mac user, I *like* OS 9. Even Wozniak says that
*he* likes OS 9 better than OS X. But all the newer Macs can *not* run
OS 9...only OS X. I have a Linux box and three Coco's. I am a Microsoft
free zone.

In a few months, I will buy a new computer. It will be a Mac.

|   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |