[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 14:41:02 EDT 2005

No argument here, that was never my argument. If i had not "givin up' my
CoCo back in '86, due to (no) money for upgrades, and when I was going to
high school, my interests were turned away from the CoCo, I probably too,
would be a Mac user. I am not argueing over UNIX or OS-9. My beef is just
with Linux itself and with the "zelots" out ther. I have no problems with
any other use or versions of Linux. Just because I hate Tempos, does not
mean I hate all Ford cars.

>Glen,
>
>The Coco could of followed the same line as the Mac go through the
>Motorola CPU 68000 family etc... Then to the Power PC.  The Coco would
>never of taken the Windows route.  I look at the Mac as the Coco's
>bigger sister  and I would place the  Amiga  and the  Atari  68000 in
>that same  family.   I alway felt that Tandy  made the wrong choice of
>dropping the Coco  and switching to PC  compatibles but they did and we
>have to live with it, but we can dream.  Imagine  the Coco X  would be
>like the iMac of today we could imagine a quad PowerPC CPU's with back
>ward compatiblitiy to the Coco 1, 2 and 3 with OS-9000.   If I could
>afford a  G5 I would get one, I will never get rid of my Coco again even
>if I have to take to my old age home and play Zaxxon with all the other
>Geizers I will.
>
>The iMac is not a Coco, but a Coco could of been a iMac. I love my
>Coco's but I like alot of people moved to the PC due to work and jumping
>on the bandwagon.  I am just glad to have my Coco's back as I lost my
>origional collection in a move, but that is also history.
>
>  Thank god for Cloup9 and people who still have a vision.
>
>--
>Basil Fitze
>basilf at telus.net
>My website: http://bcomco.net
>Earn a Laptop for just $5.00 click the link to findout how
>http://www.ezlaptop.com/register.php?ref=940
>

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links