[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Basil Fitze basilf at telus.net
Mon Apr 25 14:30:05 EDT 2005

Glen,

The Coco could of followed the same line as the Mac go through the
Motorola CPU 68000 family etc... Then to the Power PC.  The Coco would
never of taken the Windows route.  I look at the Mac as the Coco's
bigger sister  and I would place the  Amiga  and the  Atari  68000 in
that same  family.   I alway felt that Tandy  made the wrong choice of
dropping the Coco  and switching to PC  compatibles but they did and we
have to live with it, but we can dream.  Imagine  the Coco X  would be
like the iMac of today we could imagine a quad PowerPC CPU's with back
ward compatiblitiy to the Coco 1, 2 and 3 with OS-9000.   If I could
afford a  G5 I would get one, I will never get rid of my Coco again even
if I have to take to my old age home and play Zaxxon with all the other
Geizers I will.

The iMac is not a Coco, but a Coco could of been a iMac. I love my
Coco's but I like alot of people moved to the PC due to work and jumping
on the bandwagon.  I am just glad to have my Coco's back as I lost my
origional collection in a move, but that is also history.

 Thank god for Cloup9 and people who still have a vision.

--
Basil Fitze
basilf at telus.net
My website: http://bcomco.net
Earn a Laptop for just $5.00 click the link to findout how
http://www.ezlaptop.com/register.php?ref=940

Yahoo! Groups Links